Thursday, February 3, 2011

kick the sick.

I am not telling you to go kick a sick person - that would be cruel!


So a day before my Cabaret, my throat started hurting. The 'it hurts to swallow' kinda sore throat.  Great, what perfect timing!

What I did to prevent this issue from affecting my Cabaret:


Day Before Cabaret
        1. gargled with salt water
        2. oil of oregano
        3. throat coat - organic lemon echinacea tea + honey
        4. didn't sing and barely talked
        5. yin yoga
        6. mentally went through my song with music

Day of the Cabaret




        1. gargled with salt water
        2. oil of oregano
        3. throat coat - organic lemon echinacea tea + honey
        4. lightly hummed through all of my songs with music
        5. Redoxon C (best vitamins ever!) 
        6. did recovery warm up
        7. sang through the newer songs in my cabaret 

We shall see how it goes tonight - fingers crossed


Post Cabaret
It was surprisingly well! Voice held out just fine and I had lots of fun making my patter up and just going with it! 
I am definitely going to do more Cabarets or even open mikes in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment