Tuesday, June 21, 2011

let there be light

Hello Mixed Mediums Theatre readers and happy first day of summer!!!


Sorry that I have been MIA these past couple of weeks! We have so much to talk about! Did everyone watch the Tony's???

 Things have really gotten busy for me (which I am extremely excited about).

It started when my boyfriend and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Vancouver/Van Island to visit my family. While I was there I took Joanne's  street jazz class at Harbour Dance Centre with a few friends from my old dance schools! Talk about a fun time! It reminded me how amazing a full dance class can be! 


Since I arrived back in Edmonton on Wednesday it has been crazy. 

Edmonton is the City of Festivals! Right now I am getting ready for the Feats Festival of Dance, hosted by the Alberta Dance Alliance. Today I start rehearsal for a new piece by  Deanne Walsh and Marc Hall, which we are performing on Friday, in the show case - Made In Alberta! On Saturday I am presenting my physical theatre piece called The Moon as part of the Live Feed performance! Come down to the TransAlta Arts Barn and check it out! There will also be performances by my friends Raena Waddell and the ladies from Breaking Barres Dance Company


Fringe rehearsals have also taken way, stay tuned for more news! 

Enjoy this sunny summers day and look forward to the Feats Festival and the Edmonton Jazz Festival too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment