Friday, November 2, 2012

Cooking and Treats

Hey Friends, sorry for the long break in between posts. Last week was very stressful for me, but hopefully the next few weeks will be more consistent! This post is going to be all about food and health, just a warning!

 Bottle of Merlot, Brie, fresh rosemary, and french bread.

 Rosemary potatoes and carrots! 

 Brussel sprouts.


Since moving to the Uk, I have definitely been suffering from the Heathrow Injection! There are so many more fast food shops/bakeries/and just better treats in general, that I'm finding it hard to keep myself under control. Even when I was living right downtown Edmonton or Vancouver it would take me at least 10 minutes to walk to the nearest grocery or corner store. In London it only takes about 1 minute to pop over and grab a Twirl (one of my favourite chocolate bars!) no matter where you are.  This is very problematic as I have a deadly sweet tooth. That being said, thank god for dance classes. Also, right now I am so poor that I don't have enough money to spend on extravagant treats and meals all the time, so when I do get a treat... I enjoy it. 


 One of the many bakeries in Musswell Hill.

I love the croissants from this place! Delish! 

I finally bought a chocolate meringue that I had been eyeing for about 3 weeks. 

What has been happening on a weekly basis is the making of my standard healthy/hearty meal, Rice Bean Casserole (Recipe found here). It is the cheapest, quickest, and healthiest of any meal I have found to date. All together it costs about £7.43/batch (£1 -mushrooms, 70p x2 - peppers, 50p - can of tomatoes, 70p - can of kidney beans, £2.18 - mozzarella cheese, £1.65 - wraps, I usually have onions, garlic, rice, and oil at home).  One batch usually lasts me about 5- 6 days! This is almost all I have been living on and I'm not going to lie, it's started to get a wee bit old, but it does the trick. 

Prepping to make Rice Bean Casserole. 

All chopped up! 

My tiny Oreo Cupcake.

The big Christmas Tree in Covent Garden.

And let us not forget that Christmas is right around the corner, which is the ultimate feel good food/treats time of year! What's your plan to stay in shape through the Holiday season? Any pointers?

Thanks for tuning in! 
Love,
CP



No comments:

Post a Comment