Friday, July 12, 2013

books and summer skies

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. Today has been my first day off in two weeks, so I am absolutely loving life to say the least. Here are a few shots from when I was back in Edmonton, AB. This first shot is from my very first day back in Canada after almost 8months. I brought back a few Irn-Brus to share with friends. If anyone hasn't tried this soda yet, it's pretty much like if a cream soda and orange soda had a baby, it would be Irn-Bru!! 
One of my favourite things to do while enjoying beautiful weather is some good reading.After it decided to stop snowing in Edmonton, the weather quickly changed to warm, beautiful sunshine! Remi and I took advantage of this for a short hour at Hawrelak Park one afternoon. I finished this novel, One Day, by David Nicholls that my good pal Sam lent me. I would highly recommend it! 
These last two pictures are from a cast BBQ that we had during Spamalot. Those two good looking people there are my pals, Katie and Jonathan! Missing them very much over here in London.


Also, just wondering if anyone has any good book recommendations for this summer. I am looking for something light hearted. Possibly an adventure book or something of that nature! I sure hope everyone is enjoying this heat wave! Remember ... lots of water, lots of sunscreen, and lots of ice cream!

Thanks for tuning in!

Love,
CP

2 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games! I wouldn't call them lighthearted, but they are captivating, fast reads. I read the entire series in the space of a week. Definitely good Tube reading, and for an entertaining escape. I also really liked Warm Bodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! My sister has been trying to get me to read hunger games for ages! Maybe I should give in!!!
      Cx

      Delete