Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 - Awesome Book

Hi Pals,

Happy, happy 2014! I just want to do a quick post about something that I would STRONGLY recommend doing this year.

So last year I decided to create an Awesome Book. A place where I could write down the smallest details of my day that made me smile, or were maybe just really interesting. It didn't matter if I missed a day or two (or weeks at a time because I was in rehearsal land), or if was playing catch up, as long as I filled in just a little something about a positive thing that happened in my day.

My goal was to focus on the joy. To really reflect each day. It could be a yummy meal, tea with a friend or just something nice that happened at work. It doesn't have to be out of this world crazy each day, it's just the little things. And if some thing crazy awesome does happen...USE CAPS!!!

So here's what you need to do!

1. Buy a day-timer/agenda/diary. Last year I bought mine at pound saver for just £1 and decorated the front. It doesn't have to be expensive!
2. Everyday write down a positive thing (or 2 or 3 or 4) from your day. Try to do it everyday for the reflection value, but playing catch up is good to.
3. If you're ever feeling down or just want a good smile, take a flip through your Awesome Book and see the difference it makes.


I really, really hope you guys will give this a try. I can't tell you how much fun I had the other day going through my 2013 awesome book. It put the biggest smile on my face.

Let me know how it goes!

Love,
CP

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea, and have actually set out the new year doing a similar exercise. Last year I occasionally bothered to use my planner not only for setting future dates but also to note down the spontaneous, unorganised things I got up to as well - and this year I want to do that regularly, because it's so nice to have something to look back on. One year, I started an exercise of writing down something that I had learnt every day but didn't manage to carry it on... But I thought that this year, I could incorporate things I've learnt or observed into recording what happens each day (...also useful for those average work days when nothing really outstanding happens...) But I do love this idea - much more achievable than a journal, and such a happy thing to have to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired! Going to do this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool ideea . following youuu!!
    mabye follow eachother?
    kisses

    http://saveurchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Theo! Cool blog, followed you back :)

      Cx

      Delete