Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Auditions

Alright folks, it's audition season. For any of my new readers who might not know, I'm a professional actor, which means auditioning is one of the first steps to landing a role.

For anyone who hasn't auditioned before, they can be pretty nerve racking, that is... if you let them be. I'm still figuring out how to get my 'best audition' and I think that's something you never really stop improving on. Everyone has there audition tricks or habits, but here are some things I've been thinking about lately! I know most of these sound obvious, but they're just so important to remind yourself of.


1. Be prepared. And do it in chunks. Don't expect yourself to memorize a monologue or song in just one go. Layer it in. Take your dance classes, so when it comes time to audition you're already at the level you want to be at.

2. Do the best YOU can do. Don't compare yourself to others, don't judge yourself, and don't set yourself up to fail by acting like you've already been defeated. 

3. Have fun and breathe. Things that I very often forget to do in life. This is why you come so prepared. So when it comes time for your actual audition, you can just relax and do your work. 



Even if you never have to go through the audition process, these three steps can help you in an interview, oral presentation, or even an exam. What are your tips for success in stressful situations???

Thanks for reading! 

Love, 
CP




2 comments:

  1. Oh darling I just went on two auditions back to back yesterday! Its tough xoxo Good luck with yours! Good advice xoxo
    http://livobeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just would like to add one more from my limited experience of years ago;

    Feel like a queen who owns the stage as soon as you get on.

    Good luck!

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete